A new photo of the beautiful city of Canterbury in Kent and surrounding area every day.

Thursday 26 June 2008

Kentish Vineyard


You must forgive me but I have been so busy showing my relatives all the wonderful places in Canterbury that I find very little time to upload photos in here.
Today I am going to talk about this wonderful little vineayard in Staple near Canterbury.

A few days ago, while I was driving through the country lanes of Canterbury when I saw a sign to Barnsole Vineyard. I wasn't doing much and had plenty of time to kill so I decided to visit it. I followed the signs and ended up in this beautiful and calm place where the only noise I could hear was the wind blowing in leaves.

I rang the bell and this smiling and very friendly gentleman (girls, he was good looking) came out of the barn to help me. I chatted to him a couple of minutes and bought 3 boughts of wine. I took some photos of the fantastic roses bush around the property and left.

When I got home, I wasn't expecting a great wine but I put a bottle in the fridge and to my surprise, the wine is very nice, light and so easy to drink. I can see myself going back there for more very soon...
If you want to know more visit their website on www.barnsole.co.uk

8 comments:

Nicole said...

It's nice that u can never get bored in that region, always something new awaits around the corner. I like very much the picture, with the ''raw material'' in the back, the grapes, and the produce in the front.

Anonymous said...

What an inviting scene.

Are you sure you will return just for the wine ;-)?

Rosie said...

Very funny Cali!
Maybe when you come to the UK I can take you there... ;)

Rosie said...

Nicole
If I had dreamt a location I could not have come up with a place like Kent.
There is so many wonderful things around here...

Profile Not Available said...

How terrific to discover something new, that you hadn't known about before, so near by! The wine sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose, Wine helps you relax so is good for you.Sounds like good source for you.

Anonymous said...

Don't tempt me, Lady Rose!!!

Curtsey said...

Well Kent is called 'The Garden Of England' so it must be true... might go looking for that chap myself =0)