A new photo of the beautiful city of Canterbury in Kent and surrounding area every day.

Sunday 17 February 2008

Grotto Ceiling

In Leeds Castle there is a maze and right in the centre you will find a grotto that leads you back to the outside world.
The grotto is beautiful but the lack of lighting doesn't allow you to see all the details. It wasn't until I got back home and looked at the photos that I noticed the beautiful colour of the stones and shells used in the panels.
This photo above shows the ceiling and various panels. In the centre you can see a hole where the sunlight comes in.
If you ever visit Leeds Castle, please don't miss it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your camera uncovered a feast for the eyes! I love when I see something new when I upload the photo. This is quite beautiful and so interesting.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Uma por Dia said...

I will not miss it!